How Do Web Hosting Packages Operate?
A web hosting solution concerns depositing and/or sharing given content on a server handled by a web hosting vendor. There are different kinds of hosting services used for different goals, so let's take a look at them. Doing so, you can choose what you need, based on whether you wish to create a blog, e-mail addresses, or to share files with pals and partners.
1 website hosted
30-Day Free Trial
5 websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
- File hosting: a service supplied by some vendors, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free file hosting packages frequently include adverts next to the download links, while a timer forces you to await a specific amount of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file hosting package, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download at once, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the help of the cPanel web hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud web hosting". This is a thoroughly inapt interpretation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud web hosting environment would distribute the tasks at hand between individual groups of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous web hosting services (mail, web space, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a variety of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud web hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; specific providers offer a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting variant is good if you would like to share a vast amount of pics with mates or colleagues since the solution is usually free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to handling your mail accounts. Some corporations offer web hosting services for web sites, but do not offer an e-mail solution. If you want to have an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to keep a web site, then the e-mail web hosting solution is what you require. You can set up email address accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domain. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a certain video clip, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video brings about a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video clips and a few hundred web page viewers, you may have difficulty with your web hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will permit you to utilize as many video clips as you wish without hassling about system resources.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to possess a site. To some extent, it comprises all of the aforesaid hosting kinds since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and mailbox accounts, upload video files, and so on. At St. Clare Web Hosting you can take a peek at shared web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that enable you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in one location. There may be limitations based on the kind of web hosting service that you've settled on - a free web hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS hosting or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting account may be better or worse compared with the customary email/file/video/image hosting packages that are made for specific web content only.